Britney Spears Bio
Real Name: Britney Jean Spears.
Born: December 2, 1981 (age 36).
Height: 5 ft 4 in (163 cm).
Birth Place: McComb, Mississippi, U.S.
Home Town: Kentwood, Louisiana, U.S.
Occupation: Singer, Dancer, Actress.
Genres: Vocals, Pop, Electro Pop, Dance-Pop, Instruments.
Years Active: 1992–present.
Personal Life History, Trivias and Many More
- Her new single, the heavy breather ”Boys,” has only reached No. 36 on Radio & Records’ pop radio chart, and many more likely to hear Brit’s Pepsi ad on Top 40 radio than her actual music.
- The Neptunes are two of the most of pop’s most gifted, genre-jumping producers, and her decision to use them on her new album showed a courageous experimental bent.
- Spears seems to be in danger of an Elvis Presley/Michael Jackson scenario, where her out sized presence and inaccessible mega stardom start to diminish the importance of her recording career.
- Musical trends aren’t moving in Spears’ favor, as fans have embraced the likes of Pink and Avril Lavigne, whose more rock-leaning pop provides a tart alternative to Britney’s sticky-sweet bubblegum.
- She has spoken out to ensure fans she has no intention of bowing out of the limelight.
- She is taking a six month break and her decision came just days after a controversial end to her world tour in Mexico City a couple of weeks ago.
- She is planning to pack in the music business for two years and move back to her home state of Louisiana to live with her mother.
- Already under fire for flipping off photographers last week, she inexplicably bailed on her concert Sunday night, July 28th, in Mexico City–exiting the stage without explanation after just five songs.
- Any goodwill the Mexicans had for Spears went out the door last Tuesday (July 23rd, 2002), when, shortly after arriving in a Mexico City-area airport, she was caught on film giving the middle finger. Spears immediately went into spin control, saying the gesture wasn’t aimed at local fans, but at the swarming shutterbugs.
- Despite her newfound rebellious streak and personal issues, Spears managed to top the Forbes list of most powerful celebrities released last month (June 2002) and has been busy opening a restaurant and trying to launch a movie career.
- Spears once told reporters that she’s looking forward to shutting things down for a bit.
- Once enjoying a night out with a group of girlfriends in the V.I.P room of the Mynt Club in Miami when the man started to strip off. The stripper, who was said to be handsome, made his way towards Britney and her pals, then released his ‘manhood’ and broke into a raunchy dance routine.
- Britney is lately seen as boring compared with more rebellious idols such as Pink, Eminem and Christina Aguilera.
- Her parents have split up and a restaurant she opened in New York suffered claims of food poisoning after just a few weeks.
- Is rumored she’s dating Marc Terenzi, of new U.S. boyband Natural, since she split from *NSYNC’s Justin Timberlake
- Due to the heartache of her split with long time lover *NSYNC’s, Justin Timberlake, and the break up of her parents, the pop princess has poured her hurt into her song lyrics. One of her new tunes, entitled, My Love Was Always There features the lines: How could you say that you loved me? How could you say that you cared? I know that she may be pretty but my love was always there. They say that time heals. But they don’t know the pain I feel.
- She collapsed after a gig earlier this week (third week of July 2002) after going on a crash diet. The starlet, 20, has reportedly been living on a diet of raw vegetables and water in a bid to drop the weight she gained after her split from ‘N Sync singer Justin Timberlake.
- Spears is set to do NASCAR movie
- The film she stars will tell the fictional story of the daughter of a NASCAR team owner and will feature real NASCAR teams, drivers, tracks and competition.
- Spears’ character will inspire a former NASCAR driver to return to the circuit.
- The 20-year-old also served as grand marshal at last year’s (2001) Winston Cup Pepsi 400 at Daytona International Speedway.
- (1999) Caused a stir with the American Family Association by posing in her underwear on the cover of Rolling Stone.
- (1999) Fought rumors of breast implants.
- (1999) One of Teen People Magazine’s 21 Hottest Stars Under 21.
- (1999) Was one of People’s 50 Most Beautiful People.
- (2001) During the concert Rock in Rio in Brazil, a tape recorder caught Britney swearing on a microphone she wasn’t aware was connected. She was complaining about the fact that they weren’t playing a vamp before she was to go on stage. Tape recordings of the incident were downloaded by Napster users.
- (2001) Her deal with Pepsi will net her upwards of $10,000,000.
- (2001) In her first starring role in film, Britney’s character was supposed to swear. Britney ordered that the curse words be taken out so not to tarnish her image for the younger pre-teen viewers of her movie.
- (2001) Turned down an offer to pose nude for a PETA anti-fur campaign ad.
- (2001) Was selected as #2 among the 100 sexiest women in FHM Magazine. Singer and actress Jennifer Lopez was #1, and Christina Aguilera was in the Top 20.
- (March 2001) Britney’s video for Don’t Let Me Be the Last to Know features Britney doing a love scene with a 23-year old male model. The original cut contained material so sexually explicit that Britney’s mother Lynne Spears ordered that some parts of the video be edited for content before its release to the public in the spring of 2001.
- (October 2000) Chicago-based DNA Visual Business Solutions filed a lawsuit against Britney and her marketing companies, including Britney Brands, Inc., claiming that they failed to pay fees due to the web-designing company for helping to set up the pop star’s website britneyspears.com.
- (September 2000) Britney’s flesh-colored outfit at the MTV Video Music Awards created a stir, as it made her look scantily clad.
- (September 2001) Announced that she aims to raise $2 million from her fall tour earnings to donate to the children of police officers and firemen who died when the World Trade Center collapsed.
- (September 2001) Lives in a new mansion with boyfriend Justin Timberlake.
- (September 2001) The People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) complained to Britney about her use of four caged cheetahs for her performance at the 2001 MTV Video Music Awards, claiming that animals trained for performances are mistreated during the training.
- In 2016 there is a rumour that, Britney Spears’ Toxic consisted a replayed sample of hook / riff from a 1981 bollywood song !
- Britney was a very active girl all the way from the start. She loved being the center of attention, she would dance, sing, kick and scream all over the 3 bedroom cottage style house in her hometown of Kentwood, Louisiana.
- But now she was 11 years old, and Lynne decided to take her to audition for the MMC again, this time, she was accepted. Britney would become the youngest member joining Keri Russell, Justin Timberlake and J.C Chasez among others. At the MMC Britney got the opportunity to do the thing she loved the most….perform.
- Her decided to take her to MMC (Mickey Mouse Club) to audition, and that’s what she did. Out of over 1000 kids that auditioned, Britney ranked in the top 6 finalists. Unfortunately, she was rejected, not because of the lack in talent, but because of her young age, 9.
- Her idols are Madonna and Mariah Carey.
- In Britney’s first song ‘Baby One More Time’ there is a line My loneliness is killing me and in another of her songs, ‘Stronger’, there is a line My loneliness ain’t killing me no more. This song was also most trending song download that time.
- Pierced her belly button.
- Requested that writers change the lyrics of her song Born to Make You Happy. The original version contained sexually explicit lyrics, and Britney felt she was too young to be singing it.
- Studied at NYC’s Professional Performing Arts School.
- Was offered a role in SCARY MOVIE (2000), but was forced to turn it down, due to concert scheduling.
- Worked at a novelty shop before making it big.
- Wrote 2 books about herself, one with her mom.
- Britney Spears has a guest spot and sings Drive Me Crazy! in SABRINA, THE TEENAGE WITCH (1996), which is the title of Melissa Joan Hart’s movie DRIVE ME CRAZY (1999).
- At one point in CROSSROADS (2002), the girls sing Bye Bye Bye, which was a hit song by N’Sync. This was an inside joke referencing the well-publicized romance between N’Sync member Justin Timberlake and Britney Spears.
- In CROSSROADS (2002) when Lucy’s Dad is talking to Lucy in the hospital, a picture of Britney Spears can be seen on a copy of USA Today that a man is reading in the waiting room.
- Won 1 out of 2 appearances on Star Search.
- She did a Pepsi commercial.
- Britney opened for N Sync’s 1st tour in 1998.
- Britney’s 2nd album Oops!I Did It Again has gone 3x platinum in Australia.
- Her 1st performance she sang Who Is This Child.
- Britney appeared on The Disney Channel’s Mickey Mouse Club in 1991-1992 among Christina Aguilera, Justin Timberlake, JC Chasez and Kerri Russel.
- She got her first kiss at her first boy/girl party, when they were playing.
- Was born at 1:30 am in McComb, Mississippi.
- A memorable dare, Britney once ate a bowl of raw eggs, cheese and a bunch of other gross sauces.
- Britney has a younger sister named Jamie Lynne.
- She’s been seen wearing a HUGE diamond ring on her ring finger (at the Challenge for the Children-III).
- Engaged to Justin Timberlake and is rumored to no more be the virgin she claimed to be.
- Britney’s birthday is on the 2nd December, 1981, that makes her 20.
- The best selling single is now I’m A Slave 4 U, selling 4 Million copies.
- Britney’s screen name is Justinsync31.
- Britney’s best friend is called Britney.
- Star sign is Capricorn.
- Favorite drink is Coke and all Sodas.
- Favorite color is baby blue and baby pink.
- Has topped the worst-dressed list prepared annually by catty fashion purveyor Mr. Blackwell (January 10, 2001).
- Her mom called her ‘Brinnie’
- Had a secret crush on Justin Timberlake during the Mickey Mouse Club!
- Finding that Gregory Dark, who was at the helm for Spears’ From The Bottom Of My Heart clip, once worked as porn movie director; Spears vowed never to work with Dark again (January 16, 2001).
- It was rumored that she had a crush on a boy who lives near her called Matt Gillic
- Was in the UK when she found out that Baby One More Time hit big.
- About her annulled concert in Mexico, she said the lightning storm forced her to end Mexico show. Concert promoters said that ticket buyers, who had paid anywhere from $14 to $190 a seat, could get refunds starting Thursday, August 1st.
Article Sources: Google.com, Wikipedia.com.